Plan on how to be a positive Digital Citizen.
Plan on how to be a positive Digital Citizen.
Concerning the use of technology in education. Since
the current impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic, technology has become more present
in our lives, our homes, our jobs, and our schools. Our children are growing up
in a rapidly changing world that requires rapidly changing educational
approaches just to say the least.
First and foremost, in the warm-up
activity, I will ask students what they know about technology, I will display
KWL chart and distributed sticky notes for students to write their responses, Then,
I will expand a little bit more of why on the school registration parents and
students sign an agreement about the use of technology. Once that is clear, I
will move forward with my lesson.
In my digital citizenship plan, I would
introduce the lesson by asking them the following questions: What are the pro
and cons of technology? based on their responses, I will make two groups for
debate, posing this type of questions in a class discussion and encourage more honest
responses. I have noticed that my high school students tend to respond better
when interactive engagement is provided. For an exit ticket, I will make a quiz
in quizzes to assess what they learned and give immediate feedback if
needed. I believe this type of activities helps students to be respectful and open-minded. Therefore, the students will grasp a better understanding; of why it is
so important to understand the rules and regulations of technology at school, and
also there is no exception in their personal lives. In my opinion, allowing
students to be involved in the conversation or discussion is the most vital
part of digital citizenship education and help them to become more resilient to
other people opinions, which is also called, benevolent towards others point of
view.
Comments
Post a Comment